OverviewEvans Delivery’s acquisition of the former Walk In Shoe Company factory is a classic example of adaptive reuse. Founded in 1887, the Walk In Shoe Company was a successful company for decades until it shuttered its doors in 1980. In 2002, Evans Delivery contracted with L&K to rehabilitate the aging structure for use as the company’s national headquarters. Over the next 10 years, L&K completed 30,000+ SF of various renovation projects throughout the building. Today, the site is home to Evans’ corporate offices, a municipal police station, a non-profit food pantry and an up-and-coming art center.
- Complete Turnkey Construction
- Design + Build